 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 219
Re: More pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 23:09:31 GMT

   John, James, and Larry-

I took Jordan’s message to mean “LEGO train club builder’s don’t have to spend a lot of time or pieces on actual trains”. His message clearly goes on to say that as a non-train guy we’ve got him thinking that an LTC might be a good home for him.

Well, I think that too...most LTC’s (in fact, most model railway clubs) are happy to have people who’s main interest is not the trains, but on other parts that go with the trains.

   And Jordan was right on the absolute scale about the quantity of pieces -- I doubt there is an LTC anywhere that does a show with more pieces in the trains than in the scenery. We can easily put 15,000 pieces in one building but I think any club would be challenged to get 15,000 pieces on the tracks!

hmm. I think that VLC probably has beaten that number. When we did the train operating session, we had a lot of bricks on the tracks compared to the typical train layout. And not a lot of scenery for it elsewise.

Come to think of it, I probably have close to or more than 15 000 pieces on the tracks downstairs. But, I have even more than that in the buildings around the tracks :)

James P