 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 215
Re: More pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:27:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   You know, I just realized something. LEGO train club builders don’t spend a lot of time or pieces on actual trains. They instead spend their time and effort on the scenery around the trains.

I disagree (but not too loudly...) I worked on my last four locomotives nearly every week for almost a year total. The Challenger was at least six months of work, the SD-50 was 2 1/2 months, the “Hogwart’s” was only a month. There’s also a new switcher but I don’t have pictures of it posted, yet. (Other locomotive pics here...)

A few of us in the GMLTC are nit-pickers, we really strive to make our locomotives and rolling stock as realistic as possible. We usually do “train shows”, we want the standard gauge folks to look at one of ours and immediately recognize the make & model. The kids just look at them and say “cool! Lego!!”, the parents and grandparents say “Cool! An SD-50!” (or whatever they’re looking at).

And yea, we kinda go crazy with our scenery, too... :-)

JohnG, GMLTC