 Trains / Train Organizations / 2305
  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

(...) I don't know if it is fair to make generalizations about the relative levels of emotional investment between clubs, but I doubt that anyone who brings a MOC out into public for display has less than an exceptionally high emotional attachment (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

(...) I'm not trying to minimize anyone's investment in time, material, or emotional in their layouts. My generalization (and it definitely is that) is that the closer a model is to prototypical, the more fragile details it has, the more "perfect" (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

(...) True. If it's a oneoff, that is... I hardly ever display oneoffs, most of what I display is either commercial production work (mine from MTW, or others), or one of multiple copies, or if I really care, I capture it in LDraw. My bullet train is (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

(...) It's been a very long time since you've worked with our modules if you think that has any impact on rebuilding. *grin* We changed the water level at one show and I completely reworked the town for this show. Landscape changes quite easily and (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

On a completely different note when did Todd start adding random spam phrases to our emails automatically? Cool.... -J3 (I am unorganized and choose to reply to myself instead of starting a new thread. No table manners either...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

(...) Within the last two weeks, IIRC, and it is indeed nifty. See admin.general for more if you're interested... the question is off-topic for trains.org (grin). (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

(...) ohh! I need one that explodes on contact...but it has to do it in a head on collision, and be easy to put back together after. (...) There are some of my designs that I don't like to see smashing into the floor, but most of my stuff has been (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

I don't worry so much about getting it back together as much as I worry about finding all the pieces again. Nothing worst than having to crawl around the floor of a crowded convention center looking for pieces. I prefer to be able to relax and enjoy (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

(...) It's not just emotional - it's financial. Not getting at Larry, but there's an example of someone who's got tons of stuff. On a smaller layout, like we do with the NBLTC, every single thing on the layout is a one-off. My four GWR carriages, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains.org)