 Trains / Train Organizations / 2208
Re: Cool Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:10:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Martin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Thomas Garrison writes:

Actually, we are doing a layout (Indianapolis GATS show in January) and it
has a container yard.  I think Thomas is asking whether or not we can do all
the nifty container logos that the NELUG guys have done, but I'm not sure.
Thomas?

If you are, I think that would be cool.

Would whoever put the container images together from NELUG be willing to
give us a copy of the images so we could print our own?  The only thing that
we could offer in return would be a IndyLUG image to add to the mix.

Actually, this was an interLUG swap that took place early last summer.  Each
train group was asked to make a number of containers with their group's logo,
and then send them to the organizers (I believe it was the Florida Train Club?
Feel free to correct me ...).  They then split all of the containers up into 12
or 13 differents "sets", each set consisting of one container from each group,
and sent a set back to each group.

Since then, I know that one or two additional train clubs have arrived on the
scene.  I don't know, however, if there are any plans in the works to issue a
"second run" or not.  You could probably make it happen yourself, actually -
put together 15 or so containers with your club's logo, and contact someone
from each of the other groups to trade a container with you.  I'm sure most, if
not all, would love to add to their stockpile!

They are a great addition to all of the layouts ...

-s

Shaun is correct.  This was a one-time container swap organized and
administered by KK Quah of GFLTC.  There have been a few new clubs to appear
since then that have requested "in" on this.

So here goes:  If any train club would like to exchange a set of stickers or
containers with NELUG, please contact me by e-mail (drvegetable@attbi.com)
to arrange a swap.  I will send you a set of NELUG stickers or a container
if you will do the same.  I can't speak for the other clubs, nor would I
presume to reproduce their stickers.  But I welcome representatives from the
other LTCs to step forward with a similar offer.

The container swap was a great idea.  It is a way for the different LTCs to
be present in some small way on one another's layouts.  Also, it looks more
realistic to have an assortment of containers in the rail yard.

- Chris Phillips
NELUG