 Trains / Train Organizations / 2212
Re: Cool Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:14:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Steve Martin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Chris Phillips writes:

Shaun is correct.  This was a one-time container swap organized and
administered by KK Quah of GFLTC.  There have been a few new clubs to appear
since then that have requested "in" on this.

So here goes:  If any train club would like to exchange a set of stickers or
containers with NELUG, please contact me by e-mail (drvegetable@attbi.com)
to arrange a swap.  I will send you a set of NELUG stickers or a container
if you will do the same.  I can't speak for the other clubs, nor would I
presume to reproduce their stickers.  But I welcome representatives from the
other LTCs to step forward with a similar offer.

The container swap was a great idea.  It is a way for the different LTCs to
be present in some small way on one another's layouts.  Also, it looks more
realistic to have an assortment of containers in the rail yard.

- Chris Phillips
NELUG

Chris,

Not to sound ungrateful for your offer, but I still think it would be easier
to collect electronic versions of the container images.  That way we
wouldn't have to ship stuff around.  Each LUG or LTC could just print out
the images and build they're own containers.

Thought anyone?

Steve Martin
IndyLUG

Here is a possible solution:

Create an online depository for all the LTC or LUG logos used in the making
of containers.  Then include with each logo a dat file or some other means
of describingthe specifications of the containter.  eg. color scheme, size,
etc.  This way each LTC or LUG can print out the Logo when they feel like it
and create the corresponding container according to the specifications provided.

If groups still would like to trade physical containers then they could
arrange this with the respective LTCs or LUGs.

Nate
LUCNY