 Trains / Train Organizations / 2213
Re: Cool Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:55:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Nate Jacobs writes:

Create an online depository for all the LTC or LUG logos used in the making
of containers.  Then include with each logo a dat file or some other means
of describingthe specifications of the containter.  eg. color scheme, size,
etc.  This way each LTC or LUG can print out the Logo when they feel like it
and create the corresponding container according to the specifications provided

I like this idea, Nate.  It could be facilitated through the ILTCO web site
when it gets going.

In the mean time, let me offer this service to newer LTCs who missed out on the
container swap (or any other LTC, for that matter).  I could provide stickers
of all the logos for a nominal cost (to cover ink, paper and shipping costs) so
that you could make up your own containers.  Short of setting up all of the
LTC's data up on the web (which I think is the way to go eventually), this
seems to me (but not for me;-) the  most painless way for all involved to go
about this.

-John