Re: Cool Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:27:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Martin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Thomas Garrison writes:

Actually, we are doing a layout (Indianapolis GATS show in January) and it
has a container yard.  I think Thomas is asking whether or not we can do all
the nifty container logos that the NELUG guys have done, but I'm not sure.
Thomas?

If you are, I think that would be cool.

Would whoever put the container images together from NELUG be willing to
give us a copy of the images so we could print our own?  The only thing that
we could offer in return would be a IndyLUG image to add to the mix.

Actually, this was an interLUG swap that took place early last summer.  Each
train group was asked to make a number of containers with their group's logo,
and then send them to the organizers (I believe it was the Florida Train Club?
Feel free to correct me ...).  They then split all of the containers up into 12
or 13 differents "sets", each set consisting of one container from each group,
and sent a set back to each group.

Since then, I know that one or two additional train clubs have arrived on the
scene.  I don't know, however, if there are any plans in the works to issue a
"second run" or not.  You could probably make it happen yourself, actually -
put together 15 or so containers with your club's logo, and contact someone
from each of the other groups to trade a container with you.  I'm sure most, if
not all, would love to add to their stockpile!

They are a great addition to all of the layouts ...

-s