 Trains / Train Organizations / 208
Re: GATS Tampa Show...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:19:10 GMT

I'm starting to be pursuaded that 8 wide is indeed superior to 6 wide.  I
may even build my next passinger train in that scale.  But first I'd like to
see some models that have been built in the 8 wide scale.  Do you know any
websites that show models in this scale.  Also I'm worried about the fact
that if you widen a car then you would also have to lengthen the car to keep
the scale accurate.  To me this would end up causing even more problems with
track curve radiuses due to the length.  Heck, I've already noticed that the
majority of us build our 6 wide models shorter then actual prototypes for
this same reason.

John Warren

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Seriously, what are you going to do when TLC introduces their new line
of 8 wides trains?  It's inevitable.  Evolution and all that jazz...  I
mean, if TLC would get serious about producing model train sets, would
you want them 6 wide and toylike?  Why bother with gentler curves, added
realism, etc., if you are going to keep the scale of a toy?  By rights
they *should* create a newer, scale minifig but I'm certainly not going
to hold my breath.  I can live with the wide little fellows quite
easily, but not with their narrow 6 wide trains....

-John

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Never pass up an opportunity to promote 8 wide, eh?