 Local / United States / Florida / 24
Re: GATS Tampa Show...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 03:43:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Dean Husby writes:
Robin Werner wrote:

“What scale is that?”

This may be a very stupid question, but my wife and I have been wondering... • Just
what scale are LEGO Trains?

All together now:

"Minifig scale!"

Seriously, they're not to any particular scale. Neither are minifigs. You could
carry out analyses that pointed to any scale from about S (1:64) on up to
G (1:22.5, the LGB Narrow Gauge, not the AristoCraft standard gauge, which is
1:32 or so if I recall correctly), depending on what element you used as your
proportionality yardstick.

++Lar

when polled, 87.5% of minifigs claimed to be "too short for their weight"
rather than "too fat for their height", 12.3% denied they were chunky and said
that society discriminates against the vertically challenged, and one, who
happened to be at the all you can eat buffet at the time, punched the pollster
and said "yes, in fact, that IS a hollow leg, what's your point?"... at which
point sampling was discontinued.