 Trains / Train Organizations / 1999 (-10)
  Re: DCC clinic at BrickFest 2002

(...) I have some hints about Digitrax decoders and not pinching wires. I now have 4 (!) decoders which are burned out. It takes about _3_ seconds for a DN121 to burn out from this cause. James P (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: DCC clinic at BrickFest 2002

(...) I'll tell you what I would actually like... a LAB! We bring our motor, specificed tools, and cash for the controller, (or pay in advance) and you lead us through the conversion of a motor. THAT would be cool. (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  DCC clinic at BrickFest 2002

I presented a clinic on how to convert LEGO 9V trains to DCC at BrickFest 2000 (and not at BrickFest 2001). Is anyone interested in this type of clinic again for BrickFest 2002? And if so, are you more interested in the technical "how to", the pros (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Weekend Fun in Southern California!

x-post: lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org Just posting a reminder for Lego or train enthusiasts in Southern California this weekend. The Southern California Lego Train Club will be participating at the Fullerton Railroad Days 2002 in Fullerton CA, (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

  Timesaver Layout

Hello all, I would like to announce my version of John Allen's Timesaver railroad switching game. The folder is at: (URL) contains Rules, a track diagram, a materials list, and some useful information for setting up and running a Timesaver. My track (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modules, Can You Help? (Was Re: Possible BOO BOO)

(...) Looks like you use the modules as table tops only - do you have any plans to add folding or bolt-on legs? Am I correct in assuming (after browsing some pics from (URL) you use existing tables to set these modules on? I'm kinda running with (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

(...) The constant throttle speed is also mildly important if the contest is timed instead of counting moves. Note that counting time is actually more prototypical also. In real life, they don't care how many "moves" you make. What they care is that (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

(...) I think you may have answered my decoupling dilemma. It might have to be modified for 12v track (because of the conductors between the rails). This is much more elegant than what I was imagining: one hand on each car and pulling them apart. I (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

Oh, I disagree heartily. Having played my own LEGO timesaver, as well as an HO version that I own, I can tell you that using the throttle makes the game MUCH more thrilling. Pushing the trains around by hand is just not the same. John Allen's (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BrickFest TimeSaver Layout

Oops. Cool Tom, I mean. Rick C. (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact