 Trains / Train Organizations / 1974
Re: Modules, Can You Help? (Was Re: Possible BOO BOO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:01:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Mike Walsh writes:

We (NCLTC) built our modules based on the PNLTC specification.  Everything
you need including paint color codes is here:
http://www.pnltc.org/toolspec_data/modular_table.html

MichLTC is (hasn't finished yet(1) ) building to 30x30 and 30x60 sizes. Our
design is close to PNLTC but has modifications to incorporate short plexi
crowd guards and uses 2x3 stringers since we have table walkers (see the
webpage for pics of Chris and Amy on top of the tables) so we needed
stronger tables.

I definitely in favor of the 30X30 train modules.  Its also what we in Toronto
do.  A definite copy of PNLTC design (thanks Ben Fleske).  It fits 9 regular
(32X32 brick stud) baseplates nicely, or 6 (32X32 brick stud) baseplates plus
2 parallel lines of Lego Train track!!!

Very usefull in general, unless you have really large buildings, and want to
incorporate road way, but then you can double up.  Plus, the 30 X 30 can fit
into most (mini-)vans nicely, or you can do what Calum (Tsang) does, and
stack the modules on a rack.

Benjamin Medinets

<snip>

Benjamin Medinets