 Trains / Train Organizations / 1494 (-10)
  My take on the new 10016 tank waggon

Just wanted to see how this would turn out... (URL) always, comments and suggestions are welcome.-Harvey (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New cars at lego shop at home

(...) The fact that the shows are already being put on is not direct 'support', but it is a *huge* boost to LTCs. (...) Cons are good, but people don't go to cons to see displays (I think). Brikwars would be good for cons. Or any other brickgame. It (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New cars at lego shop at home

(...) OK. I guess my point (if any) would be that exposure is good and different sorts of exposure is better. Anything that grows the market for adult stuff means I get better sets to buy... But of course that's not the real reason I or anyone does (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New cars at lego shop at home

(...) Hmm. I wasn't meaning to say that LTCs get support from TMRCs, although I see how it could be read that way. What I was meant is basically what you just said: you've taken advantage of the existance of train shows to pump the visibility of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New cars at lego shop at home

(...) Feel free to elaborate on that, because I'm not sure I agree. LTCs don't get a lot of support from TMRCs (Traditional Model Railroad Clubs)(1), although they do leverage the fact that shows are already being put on in order to have a venue to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

"Scott Sanburn" <ssanburn@indalex.com> wrote in message news:GFHMr2.74G@lugnet.com... (...) We did indeed have a kids play area and it really worked out well. This is the layout (from Track Designer) that we had in the kids area: (URL) Saturday we (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) We had a kids table. It was definitely a hit. I think it was occupied most of the show. (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

To All, Wow, your display looks really awesome. There is so much to say, but it is great! I noticed there is a kids table, perhaps? Is that for one of those workshops, or another purpose? I loved the trailer too, at MichLUG's Contraption show this (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

Nice photography shoot, Mike. I for one doubted that as a group we could pull this together, but I am delighted with how well it came off. It was a real joy to be there today. Although this is nothing new, it is a real affirmation of how many kids (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from Raleigh GATS Show

(...) What I was just thinking about last night is a 6" wide shelf or so which bolts on to the side of the layout and sits 3" or so below the main table level. It would be nice to engineer it so it could be lined with a LEGO wall and be a canal or (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact