 Trains / Train Organizations / 1492
Re: New cars at lego shop at home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 04:21:06 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, James Brown writes:

Enh.  I'm not sure if this is going anywhere; it has drifted from my
original point that trainheads (or LTDs if you prefer) aren't the only
people doing big layouts, they're just very visible because they have an
easy (and public) venue.

OK. I guess my point (if any) would be that exposure is good and different
sorts of exposure is better. Anything that grows the market for adult stuff
means I get better sets to buy...

But of course that's not the real reason I or anyone does shows. We all know
that we do it because it's fun in and of itself. Different people get
different things out of it (my fun is wowing crowds and I am not as hung up
on whether it's all my own MOC or not, as long as I get wow... other people
are more concerned with inclusion or with ensuring that there are no stock
sets or whatever...).

But that's completely valid. Whatever is fun is OK and good and ought to be
encouraged. Which we do. So there's no argument here.

...Nothing to see folks, move along...

++Lar (who just came off a building run and is a bit jazzed about it)