 Trains / Train Organizations / 1490
Re: New cars at lego shop at home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 00:13:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, James Brown writes:

Seriously though(1), it *is* the train clubs that are far and away leading
the crowd in public displays, which is (as I said) because they've been able
to tap into an existing support structure.  That does make it easier.

Feel free to elaborate on that, because I'm not sure I agree. LTCs don't get
a lot of support from TMRCs (Traditional Model Railroad Clubs)(1), although
they do leverage the fact that shows are already being put on in order to
have a venue to show.

Theoretically, space heads and castle heads could leverage off cons (as has
already been done) and SCA events, etc., right?

Problem is (and I'm going to have to GD&R again) space and castle are, for
the mundanes, kind of boring. Nothing much is going on. You can't top the
visual appeal of an operating train

FUT org.trains as it got serious again. Unless you are commenting on the
footnotes that is

1 - as a former IBMer I can acronymize(2) anything. I'll use an XTLA if a
TLA doesn't fit.

2 - this is an example of verbing(2)(3) a noun. We do that a lot too.

3 - a recursive footnote! Cool. Been a while since I got to do THAT!!
++Lar