 Trains / Train Organizations / 1459 (-20)
  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Harvey, I don't see a problem with ELTC! In fact I already joined. What's wrong with having multiple groups on different things? I belong to so many different groups. Some are list serves, some are Yahoo groups, some are Smart groups. And no (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Maybe that's what I'm getting at-- exactly *what* is he forming, and *why*? To me, LTCs are not virtual; in fact, they are quite the opposite. Instead of LTDs hanging out together online, it is LTDs hanging out together *in public*, sharing (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Kyle, you hit the nail right on the head. When I conceived of the ELTC, I invited people to join knowing that membership is their choice. I intended ELTC to supplement LUGNET, not replace it in any way (God knows my website-making skills are (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Speaking purely as a noser spectator here ;] I don't see the problem in somebody "unilaterally" forming a group. Sitting around and waiting for a group of people to build consensus on how to form a group is like, well, sitting around and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

I'm glad you mentioned that, Huw, because I was thinking the same thing. I also was wondering about utilizing such a wide-scoping name-- Sam, have you discussed this with anyone, or is this some sort of unilateral move? Personally, I feel that if (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  ELTC is born!

Hello fellow trainheads, I'd like to announce the formation of the ELTC (EuroLEGO® Train Club). This group is for those who like to model non-North American railway equipment like me. I've already had quite a few persons join my fold, why?, you (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Pictures from WAMALUG's show at Mannasas Train Festival

Excellent show, Dan! Congratulations:-) I am curious as to how many members contributed to the layout, and how you all decided to put what where (This coming from a guy whose club's layout has been mostly the opposite; where everything has a (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

(...) Okay, so it appears that most of the enthralled weren't even expecting to even see a LEGO train layout; it was just their lucky day! (NOBODY expects a LEGO train exposition... our weapons are bricks and surprise...;-) [1] (...) That's very (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

There wasn't any real pre-show advertising other than a little sign in the store, but the Outlet mall itself had been promoting the day as a Memorial day sidewalk sale for all the stores, we were basically the LEGO Outlet's contribution to the (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

(...) Congratulations, JT. Say, did you have any pre-show advertising? Also, does the Outlet store really, er, track train sales when you guys show? -John (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Pictures from the NGLTC display at the Georgia LEGO Outlet store

Once again the NGLTC presented a display outside of the Georgia LEGO Outlet store. It was a perfect day for an outside show, and a great day for a crowd at the outlet mall. The layout was pretty much packed all day long with visitors, and wide eyed (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes: <snip> (...) Well in terms of the skirts the only other thing I would say is to put them on as the last step in setup. They are a bit of a pain to fight through. Also plan ahead of time where your (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) ...snipped... I happen to know that wife of a former member. <grin> The fireproofing (if required) is most likely going to have to be done by a professional. If they require it, they will also require proof. The skirting we did for the layout (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) I'm uncertain as where to find fire retardant yardage to buy. I am guessing it would be fairly expensive. Did I read in a past post to Lugnet about a final rinse in Borax adding fire retardant properties to fabric. Is this correct? Does anyone (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) good... one less hoop to jump through... (...) Greenberg requires them? I wonder if it is a GATS requirement too? Maybe we don't have a choice? Anyone know for sureone way or the other? (...) yes, the difference is quite profound....helps (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) Just to clarify: The only show where we were *required* to have flame-retardent skirting was the NMRA 'National' show. Our tables had a 1x3 (?) board running vertically as the outside edge, the velcro was hidden on the inside. It gave a nice (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) We were required to use fire retardant skirting at one of our (GMLTC) shows, but I don't think GATS specifically required it. It's not a bad idea to just go ahead and do it anyway, just in case:-) (...) We use velcro (and we thank the aliens (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS

(...) Don't worry about it we thought it was a requirement but it was a non-issue. (...) I got some cheep fabric from a fabric store and my Mother-in-law put a couple hems on them. We attach them to tables with tacks. (...) I can't remember exactly (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Skirts for Tables at GATS

I would appreciate any information on skirts for tables at GATS- 1)any rules or guidelines which must be followed- fire retardant? 2)style and manner of attachment to tables 3)materials and cost 4)opinions and experience on usefulness of skirts at a (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

1) We don't cover our tables with bricks (they are painted LEGO brick green), we use spring loaded clamps to hold the tables together (they're about a $1 a piece at Home Depot) 2)I always take a few pieces of cardboard with me to shim up the tables (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact