 Trains / Train Organizations / 1448
Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 20:46:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:

<snip>

Any other reflections/ideas you care to share would be appreciated also.

Well in terms of the skirts the only other thing I would say is to put them on
as the last step in setup.  They are a bit of a pain to fight through.  Also
plan ahead of time where your access to the inside of the layout will be.
Don't overlap the seems to much here, keep clutter out of this area, and try
and make it a spot where you don't have to contend with any table legs.

As others have said Skirts give your layout a very professional look for
minimal cost.  I think it is well worth the investment and highly recommend you
get some.  They can be as simple as a sheet or as complex as a professional
table skirt.  I personally recommend something in the middle.  Just buy several
yards of cheap fabric and hem them to the hieght of your table.  If you can't
sew I am sure you can get it done fairly cheaply.  Also don't worry if the
fabric is a bit translucent, actually it is better if it is.  Because the light
levels outside the layout will always be brighter than under the tables you
can't see through the fabric from the outside but it is a help when you are
crawling out from under the table because you can see if someone just walked in
front of your exit.  Keeps you from scaring them.

Eric Kingsley