 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 226
Re: Skirts for Tables at GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 18:50:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.trains, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
I would appreciate any information on skirts for tables at GATS-

1)any rules or guidelines which must be followed- fire retardant?

Don't worry about it we thought it was a requirement but it was a non-issue.

good... one less hoop to jump through...

2)style and manner of attachment to tables

I got some cheep fabric from a fabric store and my Mother-in-law put a couple
hems on them.  We attach them to tables with tacks.

3)materials and cost

I can't remember exactly but I think it was something like $60 or $80 for
everything at about $2 or $3 a yard.

4)opinions and experience on usefulness of skirts at a display

Got to have'em!!!  Even if the show didn't require them they make for a neat
presentation and it hides all the boxes and clutter under the tables.

Greenberg requires them?  I wonder if it is a GATS requirement too?  Maybe
we don't have a choice?  Anyone know for sureone way or the other?

5)links to pictures of skirted tables at train shows

http://www.nelug.org/greenberg03011/

thank you! More to enjoy studying  and fodder to shamelessly "borrow" from :-)

These actually have some picture of the layout before the skirts were applied
to show the differance.

yes, the difference is quite profound....helps focus attention...

NCLUG/NCLTC will be displaying at GATS near the end of June.  We are
exploring the idea and feasibility of skirting our newly built PNLTC style
tables.  Any advice or detail regarding this will be helpful.

tia
sheree

Any other reflections/ideas you care to share would be appreciated also.

sheree