 Trains / Train Organizations / 1328
Re: Signs, Signs, everywhere a Sign
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 02:30:35 GMT

Eh-hem although Jason J. Railton did go to such length to say it was a fake
i DID say it before him but not in the manner that he did.
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/org/?n=1311

But then again people never listen to me.  And since this is just an April
Fools Joke HAHAHAHAH

END OF SUBJECT!!!!

n lugnet.trains.org, Josh Baakko writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, Mike Walsh writes:
In North Carolina (at least around here) it is a one mile stretch AND, it is
hard to get one, particularly around Research Triangle Park.  Every company
in the area has adopted a piece of highway.  I looked into it for our office
a few years ago and I think there was a nominal fee involved (covered the
cost of the sign I think) in order to adopt a highway.

Mike

It's such a blindingly obvious fake!  Even at first glance, why is there
compression fringing around the 'Adopt a Highway' text, but absolutely none
around the NGLTC?  Not only that but the NGLTC text has perfect regular
anti-aliasing, which you just don't get on a real digital still.

If you zoom in, you'll see that the top and bottom edges of the middle sign
drop by a whole pixel from left to right, yet the text on it is exactly
horizontal.  Also the three 'r's in the text are pixel-for-pixel IDENTICAL.
There is no way this would happen on a real still.

So why?  What's the point?  As people have pointed out, you really can adopt
stretches of highway and have your name on a sign (the original sign
exists), so why fake one?  Why not put in the effort and pick up some
rubbish, instead of producing it?

Why go to such lengths to prove it's fake?
Josh

Jason J Railton