 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 641 – 660 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Train/Town Layout Plan

Myself and my Tub-O-Monorail from last year will be present again. I think Ken may even be building some monorail cars for it... Troy ----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Leach Newsgroups: lugnet.trains.org,lu....brickfest Sent: Tuesday, July (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

9v, trains
(score: 2.422)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) I have to agree on this point. Not only that, in Australia very few stockists actually have lego trains. Even the current Australian catalog shows very little. This lack not only kills the current market but also potentially destroys any (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.422)

  Is 12v compatible with 9v???

Hi there! I just have a quick question. I'm going to incorporate Trains into my Town and I know that the track for 12V is different than the track for 9V. My question is, would 12V trains still FIT on the 9V track? They don't have to be powered (I (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.422)

  LEGO 7996 and 9V

Hi, I was just wondering - has anyone yet considered whether there might be a way to "9voltify" the LEGO 7996 set (switched rail crossing)? I mean, there we do have a very useful piece of track, however it is only usable for RC trains so far. What (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.422)

  Re: Is 12v compatible with 9v???

(...) Yes and no. You have to file down some plastic on the inside of the 12v electrified rails to get them to snap onto the 9v tracks. Also, the wheels on the 12v trains knock against the 9v power supply bricks, and can eventually knock the 9v (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.420)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Well, I guess to Europeans, the trains of the past have been bland and generic (though there have been less generic models like the Crocodile). To Americans (including Canadians), the trains have had a distinctly European flavor. I agree (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.419)

  Re: Now what?

Interesting quote here... "Hopefully, someday Trains will be as good as it once was." I would assert that today, right now, is a LEGO Train heyday! There are at least two reasons to support this. 1) There are more 9v train models/sets available (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.418)

  Re: Now what?

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:H087EE.5yI@lugnet.com... (...) The shift from the old 9v models being loosely based on European prototypes to the new ones being based on US prototypes is I believe due to the fact that LD (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.418)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Bear in mind that an awful lot of Lego train enthusiasts look at these and think "Metroliner -> Amtrak -> American. Big red caboose -> American. Santa Fe -> American. Silver carriages -> American. When are we going to see some variety?" (or (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.416)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) Actually, I would argue that the 4.5v/12v turnouts have a better geometry than the 9v. Adjacent tracks touching looks a lot better (and gets more yard into a small space) than adjacent tracks being so far apart. Of course the 4.5v/12v geometry (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.416)

  Re: Is 12v compatible with 9v???

(...) Yes, the 6x28 train baseplates work with both engines. (...) Yes - if you search through Brickshelf or the LTC websites, you will probably find one eventually (...) Yes - 9V doesn't use batteries, it pulls power from the rails. (...) Moot (...) (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.416)

  Re: 5 points<long post>

(...) [snip] my wishlist: 1. bigger drive wheels for steam engines in colour red and black (with an excenter hole for a technic peg => moving connecting rods) and with the possibility to connect them to a technic axle for synchronous drive). 2. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.415)

  5 points<long post>

If you could have 5 requests from Lego, what would they be? Here are mine: 5. Sante Fe Super Chief Accesory pack to build a B-Unit. 4. Signal and M.O.W. Kits.(Signals could even be dummies) 3. A M.O.T. Box Car with everything needed to build a (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.415)

  Re: New Polling Mechanism Available

(...) Noted! Here's the first poll created by someone other than Admins... :-) (and yes, it was very very easy to create!) (URL) share your thoughts with us about 9V Track Geometry. I will be adding this poll's info (and results) to the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.414)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) Metroliner and my brother got the Load and haul Railroad. So we started in 9V when our dad knew about the 12V. He always said the track wasn't right and now we have a 9V empire layout. I still feature the Metroliner and Load and Haul Railroad (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.413)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I think you've just about said it all Ben, I'll add that 9V rails can be cleaned with a soft, dry cloth every couple weeks for optimum performance. -Harvey (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.413)

  My 7722 4.5v conversion to 9v.

(URL) have had the 7722 train set for some time and never realy used it. The motor works just fine but I wanted to run this train on the 9v track. So I started off with removing the 4.5v motor from the engine. (Luckly I have some of the red 4.5v (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.413)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) I agree. I'd also start a beginners guide by talking about 9V and the options available, then summarise older systems (battery, 12V) so that the beginner knows they're out there, and can then decide whether to seek them out specifically or (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.412)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) As to this particular issue, I stand behind my opinion, by and large, in normal use, the 9V track doesn't need regular cleaning. Can it benefit from it? Maybe... I haven't needed to, though. Others have. That's fine. Is it appropriate to put (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.412)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) Please calm down folks.... First let me say a 'thank you' to all who left input. In a conclusion on dirt&dust topic one might say: - 9V may need some cleaning now and then, but shows a great resistance against dirt. - 12V conductor rails (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v, trains
(score: 2.412)

More:  Next Page >>