 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 1981 – 2000 of about 8700.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) AHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAH Unoffical parts! Unoffical parts! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAH Thanks for telling me where to get it. =) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Re: OK whats going on here then?

(...) Hello, It is just a color shift due to the numeric camera I used to picture the switch point. Take it easy :-) Lego has nothing to do with that. By the way, it is a picture of a motorized switch point by a 2793c01 pneumatic cylinder. All the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

Something I noticed while driving past the rail yard and while watching "Extreme Machines" or was it "Trains Unlimited" is a trick that both high-speed trains and freight trains use to reduce rolling resistance. The trick is to cut down the rolling (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  Train "tyres"

I don't know if anyone else has found a solution to the lack of spare tyres in the UK for 12 volt trains, but I have found a much more durable substitute. Heat shrink cable sleeving. and it works! Peter Simpson sterling@interalpha.co.uk (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Well, like many others, I was completely inspired by this site. I built a controller, put it on my layout and loved it. The only issue I had was that the smallest 9V controller was still too big for one part of my layout--the larger cars and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Lessons learned...

First lesson-- the DCC accessory block needs an actual motor attached to the motor output in order for the RCX LDCC to detect and program the DCC chip in the accessory brick. This I did not know. Was wondering what was wrong when I had the DCC (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick

(...) Well I was thinking of not actually installing the decoder in the motor - here's my idea: 1. Cut through the conductors under the 2x2 connector on the motor. 2. Connect the power pickups to 2 of the contacts, the motor to the other 2. 3. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Re: Stuff I've been working on

What's the URL for the lighthouse? (...) I don't chime in much in this group, but I'm always amazed by how much you guys know and what you can build. I have only been in LEGO trains for about 3 months. Right now I have 2150 station, 4532 crossing, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  Re: AUSTRIAN RAIL CAR

Brian Williams wrote in message <36BA6F61.D6E@ameritech.net>... (...) If you care to have a look at a LEGO version of the original Swiss green Crocodile, check out: (URL) select trains, then crocodile from the menu. Unfortunately however, our (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  Re: APOLOGY

Maybe we should start a group called lugnet.flame... then we could go on talking about trains or what have you, in the specific groups. Todd? Are you guys finished? I have a new topic... Is it points, switch tracks, or turn-out...??? or Is it a (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  Re: Bogie design (coupler)

Even better: by using this part: Technic Rotor 2 Blade with 2 Studs [LDrawPart 2711:7] you can achieve the desired 2,5 stud offset, by putting two Plates 1 x 1 Round under the part (one in the hole at one of the ends and the other right next to it) (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Thanks for the work putting this all together! It's good to know other folks won't have to go through the same hours of searching that I did when I was looking for ideas on doing this. :) One minor note: You don't need to modify the switch for (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Phillipe - So far so good - I need to do an actual build of your model to get a better feel of the mechanism you've designed, but it looks great. There may be some optimization left to do on it, so I'll give it a go and let's see what we get! (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Re: SOME WELL NEEDED PERSPECTIVE

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 16:49:11 GMT, Kurt Eilers <keilers@uswest.net> wrote: Kurt. You've done it now. I posted something, and then you frigging forward it to .trains, without my permission, for no reason, and in that isn't enough, you paste it into the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote: [snip] (...) True, I can imagine the concerns. I saw the "micromotor/minifig spear"-type of motorisation being used on a DDC layout, where a possible derailment problems are prevented by the automated switch (...) (21 years ago, 14-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) That's very interesting reading. Thanks. But I've never had to modify points to use my controller design. It does take some time to find elastic bands with the right amount of tension, but it can deliver just enough power to switch an (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.254)

  Thanks to Lugnet.Trains and RTL Participants

After two years as an avid Lego train enthusiast, I have decided to refocus my hobby time on model railroading ("garden-size"G-Guage). I am writing to thank the regular contributors to Lugnet.Trains & RTL for your enthusiasm, good humor, knowledge, (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  Dear Administrator

Todd, Please post something and stop this insane flaming apologizing crap. I just want to read and chat about LEGO trains. I don't want to read about chips on shoulders... These guys are dominating the group with what I call unrelated info. How (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  Re: high speed railways and strange flat bed cars

(...) What do you mean by January trains? This news group in Januray? Also, where do you get most of your information, books about real trains, books about model trains, modeling magazines? I keep saying that I am going to get this book The Great (...) (26 years ago, 18-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

  fitting lamps inside 1x1 side stud bricks

I made a minor redesign to my trolley again. I have made another Red one, but the import addition is the light inside the 1x1 side-stud bricks. So the light are now lights. I bought several small 12V lamps from Radio Shack (a lower voltage lamp (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

trains
(score: 1.254)

More:  Next Page >>