 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 1741 – 1760 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Top 10 List involving Monorail

(...) So it sounds like you're still building your monorail collection. Just think of how much moolah you'd save next year if they re-released a compatible monorail set. How soon were you planning to take advantage of that resale value anyway? My (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

save
(score: 1.305)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) Huh??!? Your basic resistor can only handle 1/4 watt (0.25W), so your worst-case 2.8W is more than ten times the rated maximum current. Even dumping an "insignificant" 0.5W across a resistor is probably not adviseable unless you are also (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

save
(score: 1.304)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) I don't know about you, but I tend towards .5W or bigger for most of my resistors, and diodes have exactly the same problem if you use them as a voltage drop. Load is not really signifigant on a 5A booster (soon to be 10 amps total...2 (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

save
(score: 1.304)

  Re: HoMa's Big Boy

(...) Hi John and others, I don't know the exact length in studs, but it's as long as 7,5 straight track pieces. The maximum wide is 12 studs at the cylinders. This Big Boy is quite heavy, very tricky to lift it form the track. (Therefore I build (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.304)

  Re: Can't we all just get along?

(...) You have a good memory- I don't remember saying that, but it does sound like something I would have said. Wow- that must have been some time in... late 2000? I joined PNLTC in August of that year, and picked up my first 9v train soon after. -- (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.302)

  Re: Need some 12v Train Engine help

Try (URL) page on LEGO motor history, including photos of opened units... "Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@Oswego.edu> wrote in message news:HC6JK0.1H9p@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) motor. (...) open (...) but (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.302)

  4.5V/9V silliness

This isn't particularly new, but you might like to try it. Anyone who knows about motors will know that you can connect two together and make a generator from the second one. What's more, you can run a 4.5V technic motor into a 9V technic motor (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.301)

  Tram of Strasbourg motorized and real...

I have just finished the construction of the tram in real with bricks after Mlcad. For the motorization I used 2 motors 8735 and a small battery box 9V. Its speed (compared with the 4559 Express train) is 1 (Speed Regulator graduated from 1 to 6), (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.301)

  Cleaning/Reparing electrical items

I know this is far from a new topic, and has probably been discussed before, but I thought people might be interested, or have something to add. I've received lots with electrical lego parts, and have had some success in cleaning them. You will (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.300)

  Re: Train Wheel Friction?

(...) Well, this is really a different issue, but it seems appropriate to mention it here. In the MOT instructions, it has the the motor as the front bogie, but in practice this causes a lot of slippage even with a small number of carriages being (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.300)

  Re: 4.5V/9V silliness

I haven't found the train motors to be particularly good generators, but if you have two locos on an unpowered track you can give one loco a good push and the other will lurch forward... and if there's a light on the loco it will illuminate briefly. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.299)

  12V and 9V on same track footprint

I am doing some experimenting with running 12V rails inside 9V rails so I can run 9V and 12V on the same track. Obviously the switches don't work, but I always though the curves and straights would - but I find that there are ridges across the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.299)

  Re: 12V and 9V on same track footprint

As you say this is hardly possible. We did that in 2001 (www.hot.ee/sonnich/lego/ - under galleries you will find the Baltic Train Event), and found it hard (impossible) with curved rails. We used straight rail for a "border" station between the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.296)

  New vehicle with ecologigal drive concept......

Hi all, in an old picture album, I found this very cool and cute vehicle with a new ecological drive concept (sorry I have no forther information on this and no idea who has built it): (URL) this could be our solution for a train, that runs on all (...) (22 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains) !

9v
(score: 1.296)

  9V Curved Track

Hi, Just to let you know that the 9V Curved track DAT file can be found at : (URL) hope you enjoy it. Regards, Ludo (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.295)

  Q? 4512 Buffer (was: Re: Box Art for 2003 LEGO Train Products!)

(...) Oh, man! Thanks! I hadn't realized this. Now I have a question for everyone. Sorry if I've missed this in another message thread... What is the black piece beneath the buffer on the front of the 4512 freight locomotive? Is that a new element (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.294)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) Thanks, Ludo! It looks great. I've been waiting to discover where the 'zero' point is for curve track; your choice is completely logical (but I didn't think of it). Now I have to go and make my data match yours. I'm looking forward to seeing (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.294)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) The 'zero' point is normaly at the center of the part with the y=0 point at the base of the studs. A regular plate has then a Y value of y=0 (stud position) to Y=8 (bottom of the plate) (...) Whats the purpose for this data? (...) Thanks Cary (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.294)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) ... (...) It's the 'normal' part that trips me up! Consider these parts: (URL) a geometry point of view, these are pretty similar. But (according to MLCad) the center of the macaroni is the circle center; the center of the 2x2 'L' is the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

9v
(score: 1.294)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) hard to complete it. I hope it will pass the certification proces well. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.293)

More:  Next Page >>