 Trains / 19160
Re: HoMa's Big Boy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:02:09 GMT

Fantastic, HoMa!  It is a BEAST:-)  We need stats! (how long it is, etc)

Hi John and others,

I don't know the exact length in studs, but it's as long as 7,5 straight track
pieces. The maximum wide is 12 studs at the cylinders. This Big Boy is quite
heavy, very tricky to lift it form the track. (Therefore I build the yellow
case for transportation.) I never tried to push it with 9V motors so I can't
say if it really works. Otherwise it will be an eye- and dustcatching model for
the shelf :-) The steering mechanism is described here:

http://www.holgermatthes.de/bricks/pics_bb/bb_52_steeringmechanism.jpg

More pictures are online at:

The engine-shet is 128 studs (= 4x32-plates) long and can be carried like a
case. Therefore just remove the middle part of the roof and take the hand bar.
Thanks to Ben for his inspiring huge FGLTC-case!

Does anyone has a link showing some freight cars which were used with the Big
Boy? I might build 20, 40 or 100 cars?!?!

Kind regards,
Holger