 Trains / 19310
19309  |  19311
Subject:
Tram of Strasbourg motorized and real...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:53:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I have just finished the construction of the tram in real with bricks after
Mlcad.
For the motorization I used 2 motors 8735 and a small battery box 9V.
Its speed (compared with the 4559 Express train) is 1 (Speed Regulator
graduated from 1 to 6), because the small train wheels have a coefficient of
friction higher than the wheels of classic train. Bad surprise!
A try an experience. Whereas one carriage provided with small wheels
traverses 12cm, the same carriage with classic wheel of train traverses 89cm.
I mounted the motor of the 4559 on the tram, and it is only from 5 that tram
moves. Another difficulty: the curves,the tram tended to block and stop. He
needs big power. I tested various system of motorization, micromotor, 8720,
wheel and worm screw, belt... etc... but in conclusion a ratio 1 of 1 it is
that I find the best and two motors.
It passes without encumbers the rises, switching rails, at low speed, slowly
but surely...
I search other Ideas for increase the speed while keeping the power.
Soon I plan to make small a video by a friend.

http://marc.schickele.free.fr
http://marc.schickele.free.fr/tram_strasbourg.htm

Marc