 Trains / Search Results: save 9V trains
 Results 1461 – 1480 of about 8700.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) I've got to say if I muttered those words aloud, my wife would likely come at me with a large blunt object :). But I agree - I need to lay hands on an IR train and start working out more of this myself as well. (17 years ago, 19-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) It could, but I'm not sure what the increase in cost would be. IR is extremely mature technology, and can be done without and special hardware; very, very cheap, yet (within its limitations) fairly robust (especially LEGO implementation of it, (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: 9V Curved track on sale at S@H

(...) Train Connector Wires have also gone on sale for $3.99 (originally $8.99). (URL) S@H Link> -Dave (16 years ago, 30-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Well, like many others, I was completely inspired by this site. I built a controller, put it on my layout and loved it. The only issue I had was that the smallest 9V controller was still too big for one part of my layout--the larger cars and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: Is 12v compatible with 9v???

"Brendan Coughlin" <Duck360198@aol.com> wrote in message news:H0upLo.F1p@lugnet.com... (...) Town (...) to (...) Thanks! (...) The quick answer to your question is yes, they are compatible. They fit and the wheels (non-electrical ones) anyway roll (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: What color are new 9V train tracks?

(...) It seems that LEGO exhausted their inventory of old dark grey tracks and had a new run made up in dark bley. Some 9V tracks were out of stock over the holiday and, when they came back in stock, seemed to be from a new production run. The (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: LEGO 7996 and 9V

(...) I wish that I had read this a few months ago (when I should have). I just bought a 7996 with the intention to convert it to 9V. I am very disapointed that you can not have both of the parallel straights switched to go straight at the same (...) (17 years ago, 8-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: Has Anyone Tried This and Will it Work?

(...) I think the real intent was not so much installing a second motor, but actually powering the PF motor, or even a second PF motor from the 9V rail. Using the 9V truck to pick up power from the track and using the 8886 extension wire to convert (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: All plastic track

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Wong wrote:> (...) Bryan- It's difficiult to buy 9V train stuff now except from S@H. With the new play train out, it will be impossible anywhere except S@H (Jake did say that track would now be a lego.com item). And I (...) (19 years ago, 16-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  9V and 12V train speeds?

If anyone has measured any of these or could easily do it, I'd be curious to know how fast both 9V and 12V engines are, in any load conditions, e.g. motor alone, engine alone, engine with any number of cars; to compare with 4.5V engines, which seem (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.772)

  Re: Train Speed: 9V vs. 12V

I was playing with a couple of my 12V engines (7735 and 7755) last night with a stopwatch. I don't have a very long stretch of straight track--only about 40"--but from my computations my average speed for both engines pulling nothing was about 2.84 (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  squeaky 9v train motor maintenance?; dcc?

Hi guys, been a long time since ive posted here, but recently came out of a "forced" dark ages, and have been buying all the track that I have always wanted. I have the room to unpack all my legos, and setup a room just for em...and a train layout. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Apr-05, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  Lego Cog Train

Hey all, first time poster. I got an uncontrollable urge the other day to build myself a Lego Cog Train. I have done this using a 9v train engine, and a 9v motor attached to the train engine. Things are going along fairly smoothly in my mind. Does (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  Re: All plastic track

(...) I have some questions, too. I'm not a huge train person -- I own only two train sets -- but I'm aware of the 9V system's limitations. Would a 9V train have enough momentum to pass over a single section of plastic track? I'm thinking that the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  Re: Is 12v compatible with 9v???

(...) Not without modification. The 12v power rails have annoying ridges which bump into the studs on the more frequent ties of the 9v track. Frank (22 years ago, 15-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  Re: Received 9V old dark grey track from online PAB

(...) I just visited the PaB online and ordered some track. I went to the PaB and searched by color: 'grey'. It listed 10 items in the 'grey family'. Ten items was too few so I told it to show me 500. Buried in the list was 'curved rail 22.5 (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  Re: Which to collect - 4.5v, 9v, 12v

(...) Advice about collecting? Are you a collector or a builder or both? (...) Depends on personal preference. Some like 9V some 12, some 4.5 My advice is decide what you like and focus on that. Don't ask others for what you ought to like, that is (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  Re: Does anyone know how to modify a train controler?

(...) You're right, I didn't understand the specifics, and this is why I'm not an electrical engineer. So, to summarize, the wall wart that plugs into the wall reduces 120v of AC electricity from the wall to 12v AC. Then, the train controller (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  Re: 12V to 9V - why the switch

Speaking of switches, does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on why the lego switches/points are the shape they are? I know they changed shape from 4.5v to 9v but why did they pick the shape they did? Given the constraints of what TLC does and given (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

9v
(score: 1.771)

  LDD Train parts are 9V...

Using my contacts within the LEGO Factory team I have been able to determine that all train parts (Motor and Track) are from the 9V system not the new IR system. I am currently working to determine why there is such a large price differance between (...) (18 years ago, 18-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

9v
(score: 1.771)

More:  Next Page >>