 Trains / 8202
  Re: Sliding doors

(...) Here's an idea I put together quickly during lunch: (URL) meant to be wacky with the colors so as to better show the piece construction. The method of construction does use the "rails" that LEGO doors slide in, but it doesn't use the "doors". (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) I've modified the construction so that it does not use the special rails. No real "special" pieces used anymore. It is pretty much the same construction, I just removed the rails and adjusted some spacings. The doors slide pretty well and the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

Hi James, many thanks for your quick efforts and I really like your idea, so I do know what I will do tonight :-) happy greatings adrian (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) Adrian, Here are photos of my modifications to the sliding door construction: (URL) more special sliding door rails. The doors slide fairly easily, and there is still enough friction to keep them in place when shut closed. If you have any (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

Wow. That's very clever. Do the parts holding the door in place have enough sticking power to survive multiple openings and closings? Cary "James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:G413wn.ME4@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) there (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) I have slid the door open and close several dozen times. You have to be a little gentle, but not extrodinarily, in my opinion. Notice how the yellow 1x1x1 brick with side stud connects to the blue plate of the "door": via a black 1x2 plate. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

Hi ! Yesterday evening I just had some minutes spare time, but nevertheless I succeed in building some lego :-) First I copied your sliding-doors, James - then I modified them a little bit, so that now doors on both sides of a train could easily be (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

(...) Very nice! Thanks for showing it. Best wishes toward finalizing the modificaitons and building your blue wagon! later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sliding doors

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes: <regarding sliding doors construction comments> Thanks. (for some reason Masi's reply was not inserted into this reply?) Enjoy box cars! :-) later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)