 Trains / 8177
8176  |  8178
Subject:
Eurotram in LEGO colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:31:42 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

This model attempts to look a little like the Siemen's Eurotram.
The real Eurotram may be seen here:
http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/strasbourg/index.html
http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/milano/index.html

With a lack of enough of the same color...I got a little crazy with the color
scheme.  As you can see, the real life Eurotram is bronze(?), white, and black.
Bronze!?

From the photo of the real-life Eurotram, can you guess if I built 6 or 8-wide?
I went 8 for the ease of hinding the wheels.  No doubt about it.

The added interior room in 8-wide allowed for dual wide seating and hanging
"grab bars". (see photos via link below)

I have copied the front windsreen and credit goes to Jerome Teissier for his
use in his buses:

Here's my Eurotram in LEGO colors:

This model was definitely inspired by searching the Siemen's web site for their
train photos, and by Jerome Teissier's bus window screen technique.
Thanks Jerome!

later,
James Mathis