 Trains / 7920
Re: Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:51:43 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:
James Powell wrote:
Brasso is for those of you who lack nailpolish remover.  It works better, just
soak for a few min, and out it comes clean.
I tried that tonight and my head melted! :-(

I re-tried nail polish remover (having unsuccessfully tried it awhile
back) and it didn't do anything at all, even left soaking overnight.
James, what brand were you using?

The only things I have found that work are brake fluid (on trans pieces
especially, but usually there's a slight shadow left where the paint
was: ordinary pieces left long enough to remove the paint often get
their plastic damaged, it goes all white) and Brasso. I haven't had any
success removing printing from textured pieces like slopes.

Larry, why don't you like Brasso? I find it leaves the piece very
acceptably clean, even clear pieces.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit