 Trains / 7730
  Andy's Train Creations

Hi all, I just discoverd Andreas' Train Creations on brickshelf: (URL) think, he is on the way to set a new standard in 8-wide train creations! Especially the passenger train looks sooooo realistic!!! I like to see more of these fantastic (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Yeah,I like them! As a 8-wide builder myself I can't but be happy for the growing-up of the 8-wide community. keep on with the good work,Andreas! PS: Andreas,I can't understand if the crocodile is the austrian (OBB) one or the swiss (BVZ) one. (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

Gosh there gorgeous looking creations! You're right; they look unbelievably realistic. Anyone know if he's on Lugnet at all? I hope he has more where those came from. Nicholas Allan Holger Matthes <matthes@fh-aachen.de> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

Agreed! Beautiful LEGO train creations by Andreas. I hope to eventually learn answers to the following two questions: 1. How are the two red commuter passenger cars coupled together? 2. Concerning the red locomotive, how are the top bars are the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Wondering that myself. My guess is that the rod hinge bars have their fingers force fit into the bottom of that 1x2 plate. Could not tell for sure, though. (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Nah, he uses the same technique that Tom McDonald uses for his guitars: The fingers go into the slots on the 1x2 tiles with grilles. And then the centre stud under the grille goes into the hollow stud on a 1x2 plate with one stud. That's a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

Hi again, I have read all your comments and questions. I am not sure, but I think Andreas doesn't post on lugnet ;-(( But I will contact him by E-Mail and give him all your questions! Andreas build another 8-wide engine, see pictures on his gallery (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Not so new; I have been building my trains SNOT (Studs Not On Top) for years. The only stud visible is when I pose with my MOCs[1] <g,d,&r> [1] If that joke escapes translation, LMK and I will explain:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Andreas (...) I think Andreas has been answering questions directly by email, I got a lot more detail on the pantograph questions I asked mailed directly to me from him. We gotta get him on here, man. This guy is good. Just think what he could (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

Hi Larry, indeed, Andreas is a great train-creator! He mailed to me that he already answered the questions. I will ask again, if he could post them on lugnet.trains so everybody interested could read the answers and even more. My 2nd hand comments (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Andy's Train Creations

(...) Looks like you guys were having a lot of fun. Well, wish I could have been there but I was riding the Bluebell Railway, a fullsize steam preservation operation. Located between Brighton and London (more or less) it features about 20-30 (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)