 Trains / 7309
    Re: LTMA vs NMRA —Harvey Henkelman
   (...) I know this is an old topic, but I was in the Navy at the time and didn't even know about LEGO trains. I used to be a member of the NMRA, but I can say from my experience that NMRA folks kinda look down on those who don't 1.Get their stuff (...) (24 years ago, 10-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: LTMA vs NMRA —John Neal
   Harvey- Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I had to go back and read all of it and found it all very interesting, especially in the light of this recent post which went by mostly unnoticed: (URL) I realize that being discontinued can mean the end (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

        What if 9V went away? (Was re: LTMA vs NMRA —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I think I would remain active in Lego Trains. Whether or not I stayed with 9V or converted to the putative new system depends on the details. I convert all my 12V stuff to 9V, not because (V is better than 12V operationally, (it isn't, 12V has (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

         Re: What if 9V went away? (Was re: LTMA vs NMRA —Christopher Masi
      Err...um...in some ways it is a tough question in other ways it is an easy question, and of course the answer is that it depends. What if 9v trains went away... If LEGO is discontinuing trains, shame on them, but I'll continue to build. After all, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: LTMA vs NMRA —James J. Trobaugh
     John, Well I guess the first thing I'd have to do (like many others) is hord all the 9V stuff I could get my hands on, mainly track, engines and wheel sets. Really I don't think I would "bail" on trains, in the past year and a half I haven't bought (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: LTMA vs NMRA —John Gerlach
   (...) I'd (...) If LEGO were stupid enough to stop making trains, I'd probably dump my entire collection and start building HO or O scale... Anyone want to offer me about $15,000 for the entire collection? Considering the intelligence that LEGO has (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: LTMA vs NMRA —John Neal
    (...) $15,000 for your entire collection? Sounds like a bargain to me... Hmmm, now I covet your LEGO collection AND your new jeep;-) -J-2 (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)