 Trains / 7094
  Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

I've posted a picture of an alternate window styling for the Cargo Sprinter cab window. Photo shows side-by-side comparison of "old" and "new" stylings. Care to express an opinion as to which you like better? I like the "new" styling for two (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) cab (...) life (...) A tossup with a slight preference for the 6 wide window. Short of using taping there is no good way to get lacy window frames, is there. (rod system rods, maybe??) The 4564 window piece which has lacy frames printed on it (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I agree with Larry. I kinda like the 6-wide window better. I wonder if an eight wide car with the six wide window and the 1x3x1 red slopes would look even better? With a six wide car I like the six wide window. Chris (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) Chris, 8 wide may be a bit much. The proto and Markin photos make it clear (to me anyway) that the cab width and chassis/frame width are within a very few inches of the container width if not actually exactly the same (which is my guess). (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I didn't look at the Markin photos, so I thought that the Cargo Sprinter was the same size as a regular train. But since you say that these are small trains then OK. As to stumping 8-wide...I think I am a convert. My two latest creations are (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) [snip] (...) Yes, we know. And even "worse": they are georgeous models. Nevertheless I will stay 6-wide for my MOCs. The only 7-wide I've built is recycled to a (better looking) 6-wide..... "Leg Godt" Ben BTW: James, I like the latest version (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) (to (...) Arguably if your SD is 8 wide, a Cargo Sprinter to the same "scale" (I know, I know, there is no scale) should be 6 wide because containers are narrower than standard rail cars. However a 4 wide Cargo Sprinter would look pretty (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) Man, a four wide cargo sprinter would look VERY strange. Everything you have said makes a lot of sense. Five wide containers would look nice on a six wide car, they are certainly possible, but they are not practical. I would also guess that (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) No, if the cab is 6 wide, and the trailing trucks are 4 wide (the same width as the containers) it doesn't look too weird, it looks like someone was minimizing the train to be the smallest/lightest it could be (which is what I have done)...No (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I look forward to seeing it. Chris (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:39AAE89A.25CEB7...ane.edu... SNIP (...) Woo hoo! Another convert! Mike Poindexter (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) as (...) minimizing (...) Cool! I look forward to seeing the pictures. Trailing trucks? Are these the central cars that do not have a cab? later, James Mathis (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cargo Sprinter cab window alternate

(...) I did mine more as a example of a minimalisitic aproach to a container train than a copy of the real thing. (more like freelance design for the <o> company than a copy). Design constraints included: using the small train wheels (because I (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)