 Trains / 6845
Re: NMRA 2000 Successful
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 02:31:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Wow, great stuff. I liked everything, but I also must add that I LOVED your
diner. Every once and a while when I see a model I exclaim "I wish I had
thought of that!" So, now I'll just have to be inspired by it. I am definately
going to build one.

Thanks!
Chris

Mike Poindexter wrote:

Well, the show was both stressful and successful.  Many positive comments
and it looks like we have a good amount of momentum to go on.  We even came
across a Lego Train Fan who knew nothing of Lugnet or BayLUG, but had been
building Lego Train MOCs for about 10 years.  It looks like we may even get
3 or 4 new AFOLs into the club.  I hope we get the English fellow I spoke
with and I regret not getting his contact info.

Here are the 15 pictures I took at the event:

We were invited to a couple more train shows, so I guess we did well enough
and we might be able to have a decent layout to take to Hayward in January
if things go well in the future.  I don't want any more high stress
deadlines, though, as the NMRA caused me many sleepless nights.  I would
like to have the Modules finished before the train show next time.

Mike Poindexter

I have to agree.  That diner made my jaw drop to the floor.  I have seen
previous attempts and they have all been ok.  This one, however, takes the
cake.  I love the way the rounded corners blend in for the perfect diner
shape.  I am currently building a large train layout in my basement based on
the year 1955.  A diner like that will fit perfectly in my plans.  Thanks
for the inspiration.  Now....if I only have enough noodle pieces for the
corners...<sigh>...I doubt it.  :^)

John Warren