 Trains / 6848
6847  |  6849
Subject:
Thank You's (was Re: NMRA 2000 Successful)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:31:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, John Warren writes:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Wow, great stuff. I liked everything, but I also must add that I LOVED your
diner. Every once and a while when I see a model I exclaim "I wish I had
thought of that!" So, now I'll just have to be inspired by it. I am • definately
going to build one.

They definitely fit well in Traindom, either stationery, or as a railcar. I
hafta admit though that at 16 wide, it would make an interesting Lego train
car :-)

Mike Poindexter wrote:

Well, the show was both stressful and successful. • <snip>
We were invited to a couple more train shows, so I guess we did well enough
and we might be able to have a decent layout to take to Hayward in January
if things go well in the future.  I don't want any more high stress
deadlines, though, as the NMRA caused me many sleepless nights.  I would
like to have the Modules finished before the train show next time.

Mike, let me just say thank you for all the work you did. Even though you live
out in East Farbistan, your personal drive overcame all. As it stands right
now, I think we do have a decent enough layout for the Hayward show,
considering it did just fine for the National Show. Unless any new brainstorms
come into play soon, I'd say just set it up the same way again.

I have to agree.  That diner made my jaw drop to the floor.  I have seen
previous attempts and they have all been ok.  This one, however, takes the
cake.

Ahh.. a pun.. *sigh* :-)

I love the way the rounded corners blend in for the perfect diner
shape.  I am currently building a large train layout in my basement based on
the year 1955.  A diner like that will fit perfectly in my plans.  Thanks
for the inspiration.  Now....if I only have enough noodle pieces for the
corners...<sigh>...I doubt it.  :^)

On behalf of Roger Rothhaar, a Baylug member who rarely posts, and myself, I'd
like to thank everyone for the nice comments regarding the diner. It was fun
to build, and it was sure nice to have all the pieces required to do an MOC
about which I'm extremely pleased. It will have webpage all its own. Also,
thanks to my daughter for the Duplo Doggie as well (it will be replaced for
her collection :-).

Annnnnnnd... thanks to Tim Courtney for the idea!

** Special thanks go out to da man who helped with the window panes (you know
who you are, and I am very grateful for your help! Rock on! :-)

-Tom McD.
when replying, Spamcake.. the snack for the 19th century and beyond!