 Trains / 5624
Re: power transmission of fake 4460
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:25:36 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

But what I would like to post here is the supplement of my april fools site:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/misc/misc.html#fun

Truly Brilliant. A tour de force exercise in minimalist impurity. The wonder • is
that it works at all, not how well it works. You, Ben, are (If you'll pardon
the expression) such a STUD!

You are kidding me again, Lar? You know my English is not the best and I had
to ask my dictionary which told me that "stud" means first any kind of studs
(like we know them from Lego, clothing etc.), but it has the second meaning of
a breeding cattle or horse too.

In US colloquial usage to be a stud is (derived from breeder, and then derived
from "success with the oppposite sex" I guess) to be someone who can pull
amazing feats off, or more generally, someone to be admired.

It was a weak usage, but the pun was irresistable.

++Lar