 Trains / 5518
Re: Need references
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 06:38:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey Will-

Don't mess around-- go out and buy Model Railroader Cyclopedia Vol 1 Steam
Locomotives.  It contains schematics of every iteration of steam engine built
in the US.  Vol 2 is dedicated to diesels.  Together they are the bible for
model railroaders and are available at any hobby store that carries trains.

-John

Will Hess wrote:

I'm starting to expand into trains now and need some reference material.
Can anyone point me to pictures of the following (real or scale models):

4-4-2 Atlantic (I have one mostly done in lDraw but I need some more angles
to work from)
0-6-0 switchers (any)
0-4-0 switchers (any)
small diesel switchers

You might have noticed that I want to start out with small motive power.
Links to pictures of other small motive power would be appreciated too.

Will

Lego Beach Department of Emergency Services
www.crosswinds.net/~hokie