 Trains / 4408
Re: Likeness of a Talgo: Shared monoaxle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:58:15 GMT

Hey, that train has a black nose - what sets did the black nose come in?  I need
one!

Or is it the 4561 nose/plate?

James Mathis wrote:

Here is my attempt to begin a model of a likeness of a Talgo passenger train
set.  The train may be bland, but the focus of this work has been to create a
working shared monoaxle wheelset between adjacent passenger cars.
The train cars are close coupled using the Technic spring-brick technique.
The shared monoaxle wheelset is rigidly attached to a "beam" that connects two
Technic spring-bricks.

Photos are at:
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/talgo.html

I look forward to any comments and suggestions, as well as your own
improvements or radically different ways to achieve a Talgo-like shared
monoaxle train set.
(I'd like to see some better color schemes, too!  Like the Amtrak Northwest
corridor Talgo!)

later,
James Mathis

--