 Trains / 4399
Re: Likeness of a Talgo: Shared monoaxle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 02:11:55 GMT

I just noticed that Thomas Burger has a monoaxle image:
http://www.geocities.com/tburger666/lego/acelaVIEW.gif
I think this is an attractive train.  I like the complex angle nose with
lights.  If only a reality!  Oh, the new version, which I've seen before, but
see again:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/6596/lego/trains.html

Mono axle? on my acela's? nope those are the 34 stud double level chassis's!
A talga is a challenge, seeing photos of it, the engine could be 6 bricks and
2 plates high, followed by a 28 size car , say.. 4 bricks high? or cut chassis
custom built, with "wings" in front, behind the engine,:

    __________
   //_/       | |\________  _________
  /    _     _| | 0 000000||000000000|

(1st prize ascii art oohrah?)
I have several photos showing car behind "A" engine
seeing this pass by while in camp pendleton one day i took a stab at trying to
model.. alas didnt go past getting prototype photos!

The nose of the acela ~might~ be possible, with a lighting brick, a clear 1 x
4 bracket piece (FATCHANCE!!) and then the rest from there. but i doubt
it.only way to know is do it in cad/povray, but im working on racing models so
it aint happenin'!