 Trains / 4395
Re: Likeness of a Talgo: Shared monoaxle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:40:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Wow! I gave up on that a long time ago. My solution was bulky and looked dumb
because I couldn't get it close coupled (not to mention my color scheme was a
absolutely hideous).

Great detail shots. It is always nice to learn how to do the stuff you do. I
think white with blue highlights and the blue windows from 4561 would make a • jaw
dropping 4561 conversion.

Thanks for the color suggestion.  You should build it! (if you want to)

My 4561 conversion took the form of my Cisalpino model.
(White roof and 1x3x2 thin wall trans blue window parts from two 4561's plus a
green stripe.  Six 5925 Adventurer's Swamp Planes to get black 1x2x2 thin wall
airplane window frames.  Photos of my 4 car Cisalpino have not been added,
yet. Various other parts.)

I just noticed that Thomas Burger has a monoaxle image:
http://www.geocities.com/tburger666/lego/acelaVIEW.gif
I think this is an attractive train.  I like the complex angle nose with
lights.  If only a reality!  Oh, the new version, which I've seen before, but
see again:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/6596/lego/trains.html

later,
James Mathis

James Mathis wrote:

Here is my attempt to begin a model of a likeness of a Talgo passenger train
set.  The train may be bland, but the focus of this work has been to create • a
working shared monoaxle wheelset between adjacent passenger cars.
The train cars are close coupled using the Technic spring-brick technique.
The shared monoaxle wheelset is rigidly attached to a "beam" that connects • two
Technic spring-bricks.

Photos are at:
http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/talgo.html

I look forward to any comments and suggestions, as well as your own
improvements or radically different ways to achieve a Talgo-like shared
monoaxle train set.
(I'd like to see some better color schemes, too!  Like the Amtrak Northwest
corridor Talgo!)

later,
James Mathis