 Trains / 4350
Re: Webpage with 12 to 9V Signal conversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 01:44:31 GMT

Thanks Frank. One quick question. The converter from 12v connector to 9v
connector is in the switch box?

From your page

"The 12V electrical wires have different connectors than the 9V connector
plates. There
                is at least one conversion required to create a working model.
I used the 12V
                transformer to power the light (and the lights in my city), if
you don't have a 12V
                powersupply but you do have a spare 9V speed regulator; you
will need another
                converter to power the control box. Do not worry, all te
required parts for the
                conversion are in the signal set itself."

It is the last sentence that made me wonder if there was a LEGO brand converter
otherwise I would have assumed that you connected the 9v wire to the 12v plug,
which if you did you did a great job. Very neat, short, and clean connection.

Thanks,
Chris

Frank Buiting wrote:

Hi,

As promised I have put pictures of the conversion stuff on my webpage.
http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/trains/signal.html

I would like to have your opinion about the page layout, is it readable,
structured etc.? I'm experimenting with a RCX controlled freight station and
I am planning to put it in a similar way on my site (if I manage to create
it ofcourse!) Suggestions etc. are welcome!

-Frank

PS. the site is still under construction, so not all the letters in the
lexicon work... (A to L should work though)