 Trains / 4358
Re: Webpage with 12 to 9V Signal conversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:37:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
Thanks Frank. One quick question. The converter from 12v connector to 9v
connector is in the switch box?

Nope, you have to create the 12-9 connector yourself, see below

[webpage text partially snipped]

converter to power the control box. Do not worry, all the
required parts for the
conversion are in the signal set itself."

It is the last sentence that made me wonder if there was a LEGO brand
converter

Sorry for the confusion, I made the converter some time ago. When I was
creating the webpage I checked what sets were required to make the conversion.
If you buy/have the 12V signal set you have all the 12V components required to
make create the convertor and make the whole signal work.

otherwise I would have assumed that you connected the 9v wire to the 12v plug,
which if you did you did a great job. Very neat, short, and clean connection.

I did, Thanks :-) It's fairly easy to connect the 12V plugs to the 9V wire (no
soldering is required, the 12V connectors use screws) The hard part was that I
cut the wires a little too short to handle, but once it was connected the
result was great, so now I make almost all my converters like this :-)

-Frank

http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/trains/signal.html