 Trains / 3143
Re: Switching from 4,5V to 9V
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:42:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matthias Gahr writes:
Hi there,
is there any brick - or has anyone "build" one - which allows to connect 4,5V
tracks to 9V tracks? (I first got a shock when I saw the 9V tracks...)

I had the same shock, but that was some 9-10 years ago (the 9V tracks were
introduced in 1990, but the 'grey' tracks were available until 1994 IIRC).

Even so:
Has anyone experience in tuning up 4,5V tracks to allow 9V trains to go on it • -
is this possible?

I think you mean 12V, since the 4,5V trains carry their own power in a car and
should have little problem to run on 9V tracks. I would 'upgrade' the current
motors and run on 9V tracks.

I'd like to go all my trains the hole "circle".

I can imagine that ;-)

PS: If not, it would be a good idea to tell TLC about that problem...

I don't think there is enough demand for that, since this would be parts for
tracks that are obsolete for about 10 years now...

greetings,
  Frank