 Trains / 31303 (-20)
  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) Numbers are: R56, R72, R88 where R40 is LEGO standard. Number corresponds to radius of curve on center of ties. The pattern CURVE-STRAIGHT-CURVE...IGHT-CURVE will match up with 4 sections of R72 perfectly. (13 years ago, 4-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) end ties will be produced in? I'd like to see light bley, as well as brown, and possibly tan? ROSCO (13 years ago, 4-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) Yup. What I'm hoping is that they are making a radius that matches the radius of the straight-curve-straight-curve corner, so we can simply drop them in and laugh:-) JOHN (13 years ago, 4-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) TCLTC and PennLUG are in the same boat John. Our steam fleet will look fantastic on the new wider ME curves and will run much better too. This will probably be the first part of our layouts to be converted to the new rails. Cale (13 years ago, 4-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) use a clumsy straight-curve-straight configuration for our corners; are the numbers on what those geometries are public information yet? We look forward to the Good News;-) JOHN (13 years ago, 3-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) I'm not sure if I fully understand your question here, but I do have the additional geometry available for use in track draw, meaning, I should be able to convert it to BlueBrick (but I haven't played with it much). (...) I should be able to (...) (13 years ago, 3-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) when using CAD based track designers like Bluebrick? The full, half and quarter lengths of both the straight and curved tracks? Does the future also include renditions of the switches are crossings? (13 years ago, 3-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) I have a sample and the edges, while crisp rather than rounded, are not sharp enough to cut. There may be a bit more wear due to the metal corner, not sure. But I'm not too worried about that. The adapter piece is a little less shiny than (...) (13 years ago, 2-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) Our manufacturer of the rails runs the rail through a "de-burrer" machine. Basically there is a wash and bunch of ceramic stones. The unit vibrates and a unique smooth finish comes about when each rail comes out of the bath. There are no sharp (...) (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ME Models Metal Rails

(...) make this announcement... Neat system, but I have a concern that the plastic wheels against the sharp inside edge of the rail will wear down the wheels faster than usual. If I buy some, I might have to round off the top of the rails just a (...) (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains)

  ME Models Metal Rails

ME Models has just released metal L-gauge train rails: The video: (URL) review: (URL) (13 years ago, 1-Apr-11, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Texas State Railroad Engine #400

In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Sava wrote: <snip> (...) Hey, Tony- This is a fantastic build, and I must say that I totally love your project of building all of the steam engines of a museum. They all look great together; what an exhibition they (...) (13 years ago, 31-Mar-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Texas State Railroad Engine #400

Love the details in the cab. Very nice. Looks like the cheese slopes are your friend big time. (13 years ago, 30-Mar-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Texas State Railroad Engine #400

(2 URLs) Gallery> Texas State Railroad Mikado (2-8-2) Engine #400. From the TSRR Website: This locomotive began its career on the Tremont & Gulf Railway, a Louisiana short line. Wearing number 30, it was built by the Baldwin Locomotive Works in (...) (13 years ago, 30-Mar-11, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Check out what you can make with 750,000 LEGO bricks

Check out what you can make with 750,000 LEGOs From Kare11.com website March 20, 2011 MINNEAPOLIS -- Local LEGO-builders have a new way to let visitors get a look at their one-of-a-kind creations. "It's extravagant. You come in and it's a huge (...) (13 years ago, 21-Mar-11, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.mn, FTX) !

  Re: C&NW Bi-levels, take 2

(...) Thanks for the kind words John and Cale. The CN&W bi-levels are still among my favorite cars (though of course nothing can compare to dome cars). I like the single level cars that C&NW added a fake roof to so that they could run even with the (...) (13 years ago, 5-Mar-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Maersk Train Set Release Date in US: APRIL 1st??????

(...) Just got my VIP eNews, and it's listed. Can even find it in the Shop-At-Home catelog (of course, not available yet). ... Is it April yet? (13 years ago, 3-Mar-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: C&NW Bi-levels, take 2

In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote: <snip> (...) I love the dark green, Benn! And I love the (URL) Twin Cities 400> line; it was the major competitor to the Hiawatha line. Speaking of the Hi, I have pretty much completed mine, after only about 8 (...) (13 years ago, 1-Mar-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: C&NW Bi-levels, take 2

(...) YOU said it, not I! (URL) JOHN (13 years ago, 1-Mar-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Railbricks Issue 8

Download the latest issue of (URL) RAILBRICKS> now! (URL) 8> is now available for download! In this latest issue we focus on yard services. There’s an overview of what keeps those steam trains running, a look at cargo containers and how they’ve (...) (13 years ago, 1-Mar-11, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact