 Trains / 30834
  8879 no more?

It looks like the 8879 remote and the Emerald Night collection have dissappeared from the Lego shop web site. Has the 8879 remote been pulled already? I did a little searching, and saw that it sends incremental instead of absolute throttle commands (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) Dave, I noticed this myself. What I did in response to this was get a deal on clearance from TRU for the 4958 (Monster Dino). I has just about everything in there for power functions, except the 8879 controller. What it did have was, the 8885 (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) Steve Witt of LEGO was able to get me a quick reply regarding the 8879 controller. "There was a production problem with that one and it will be released later this summer. there was just a bump in the road on getting it out on time :-) But yes (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

Glad I ordered mine early! Any word on if there's something that needs to be fixed with the ones that escaped from the factory, or was it solely a production issue? -Stefan- (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) Hi Jordan, Thanks, that's good to know. At least it will be coming back reasonably soon. Presumably the collection will come back along with it. (...) Rich, But, is the 8885 proportional? I thought it was just on/off. I have a couple so I (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) I'd say it's no biggie since you can just keep turning the orange knob until you're happy with the speed. A bigger problem would be that the 8879 I had a chance to play with a while back (I'm still waiting for mine, ordered within 12 hours of (...) (15 years ago, 23-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

(...) I had the train reverse on me too, but it was only when the speed was close to zero. So, I assumed I had just clicked twice, and gone from +1 to -1. The issue about losing signals due to line-of-site communication has another side to it. If (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8879 no more?

The remote is available for sale again with shipping starting April 2010: (URL) (15 years ago, 15-Dec-09, to lugnet.trains)