 Trains / 29848 (-20)
  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

(...) (snippety snip)> (...) When I seen the pix, I thought you built it with Medium Blue and Sand Blue, only to realize those colors are Light and Dark Bluish Gray, respectively. I have the 4954 set, and built the model on the box front. IMO, it's (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

In lugnet.trains, Peter Edwards wrote: <snip> (...) Right there with ya--whatever LEGO comes my way I'm a happy camper! Nicely done on the station, btw! It's neat how it *looks* simple yet has lots of nifty details. Dave K (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

(...) I don't know about everyone else but I store my spare bits in bins sorted by colour (But I have a friend who sorts his by brick type). So when ever I buy a new set, many of the models get tweaked because of the new pieces. This train station (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

Thanks for the kind words Jerry. I was almost tempted to drop the site after switching ISPs. It had only 4500 hits in 1.5 years where as I have YouTube videos over 35000. But I got my first fan email and I decided to keep it going and add some new (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

Nice model, does it use any parts (other than the minifigs and train bits) that are not in the 4954 set? (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4954 re-designed as Train Station

Hi Peter, I'm impressed - not only about your idea on the 4954 which the set is virtually asking for. Also very excellent website and lots of interesting ideas I hope you won't mind to see re-utilized elsewhere ;) Thanks, Jerry (17 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  4954 re-designed as Train Station

While on holiday I found the "Model Town House (4954)" at a reasonable price with the view of building another train station from this set. (URL) of new content (News, Mocs, Racing, Movies, Bikes) at the Bodville website (on new host server, so (...) (17 years ago, 1-Jan-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 7996 and 9V

(...) There was some discussion about this a few months ago: (URL) I haven't tried it yet myself though, so I can't vouch for how well it works. -Elroy (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LEGO 7996 and 9V

Hi, I was just wondering - has anyone yet considered whether there might be a way to "9voltify" the LEGO 7996 set (switched rail crossing)? I mean, there we do have a very useful piece of track, however it is only usable for RC trains so far. What (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Holiday Train (MOC Style)

Hey all, I know, it's been a loooong while since I've posted anything (let alone a MOC announcement). But I've been working on this since before Christmas, and I think that I've finally reached the point where I must stop, or it will take over the (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new approach to modular brickscaping...

(...) Technic half-pins are better for alignment (and a few plates as you mentioned above) when considering the COLTC-standard hill modules -- makes set up/tear down much more simpler. Like you said Technic pins are better for "stronger" (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new approach to modular brickscaping...

Thomas, thanks for your feedback - I think the height issue will sort itself out with the additional modules I'm starting on right now. Adjacent modules will either run to greater heights (as for the tunnel mountain) or as low as 2-3 bricks high, (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new approach to modular brickscaping...

(...) The general approach looks sound. The module size is good. It's easy to forget when building that your model will often have to get through the doors of your home and into your car---usually by one person working alone. I wonder if using (...) (17 years ago, 29-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  My new approach to modular brickscaping...

...with strictly a trains motivation of course ;) I have taken a break over the holidays and done some bricking - partially inspired by what the kids built recently. See here: (URL) it's not perfect yet, but I'd like your opinions on the modular (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Bluetooth is indeed probably way too expensive and complex. Perhaps the costs would go down, but probably not enough to make this cost-effective. There are cheaper radio systems, like 804.15.4 (ZigBee) that would make more sense than Bluetooth (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) It could, but I'm not sure what the increase in cost would be. IR is extremely mature technology, and can be done without and special hardware; very, very cheap, yet (within its limitations) fairly robust (especially LEGO implementation of it, (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) Ohh...my wife and I have a deal, I can have as many steam engines as she has animals. (+1, which I had before her!). So, at present I have 2 large engines here. There's a 3rd one that I part own, but it isn't here...hence, it doesn't count. (...) (17 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Self assembly wheels

I know these aren't exactly new, but I just got my first sets as part of the Hobby train. I didn't build the krocodile fromt he printed instructions and when I got to the wheelset I wasn't sure if they had axles or not. Referring to the instructions (...) (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO 9V Train Communication II

(...) <snip> (...) Very good! That is exactly what I was thinking. I work a lot with AVR's, too, so I'm happy to see you made the "right" choice in microcontrollers :) -dave (17 years ago, 27-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rutland Gondola

(...) Nice car. My only suggestion is that you might want to take a black magic marker and go around the edges of the stickers after cutting but before application. Benn (17 years ago, 23-Dec-07, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact