 Trains / 29711
  Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

Reading B4a class 0-6-0T Steam Switcher #1251 (URL) Built by the Reading shops in 1918 for the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad #1251 was pieced together with parts from a previous 2-8-0 consolidation. She was well liked by crews and served for 45 (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

This is a really beautiful engine. One of the best looking steam engines I have seen. Way to go! -Matt (17 years ago, 19-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) No questions, just a comment: love it! :) Cheers, Matija (17 years ago, 19-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) --snip-- (...) Hi Cale, I think it's a fantastic build with lots of great details. The one bit I'm a little unsure of is the middle section (I'm sure it has some special name but I don't know it) behind the dark grey boiler and in front of the (...) (17 years ago, 20-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) --snip-- (...) Hi Cale, I already wrote one response but it seems to have vanished so apologies if this ends up appearing twice... I really like this switcher. The attention to detail and accuracy are superb. I do have one bit which I'm not (...) (17 years ago, 20-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) Cale, Very nice build. I really like all of the amazing detail. Awesome work. When I looked at the pictures of the real engine, I did get the same impression as Tim that the 'back boiler shroud' could be rounder (but I know its always hard to (...) (17 years ago, 20-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) In lugnet.trains, Ted Andes wrote: (...) Thank you both for your comments. The shroud your referring too is the water tank which is where the T in 0-6-0T comes from designating it as a (URL) tank engine>. The most famous tank engine being (...) (17 years ago, 20-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) ... (...) ... (...) Hi Cale, to get some of the curve while keeping the detail, you could split the difference and use 1x1 cheese slopes in place of the top 1x8 & 1x1 tiles. In any event, the build clearly shows a lot of attention to detail, I (...) (17 years ago, 24-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) Thanks Ben I tried out the 1x1 slopes. It definitely helps smooth things out more. The cab interior still needs a bit of work. I,m not quite happy with the detailing yet. The cramped space makes it challenging. I'll get some pics up in the (...) (17 years ago, 26-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) I just wanted to add a 'me too' to your steamer. I really can't add anything that hasn't already been said or addressed. I agree that the tank shroud around the boiler could be more smooth, but the aforementioned cheese slope additions should (...) (17 years ago, 26-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Take a Ride on the Reading ( 0-6-0T Reading Switcher using Big Ben Bricks New Medium Drivers)

(...) Thanks Since #1251 spent most of its time moving other locomotives around the Reading shops it doesn't look to far out of place when being shoved by another powered loco. Here is a pic with the updated tank. New (URL) Old (URL) And a cab shot (...) (17 years ago, 26-Nov-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)