 Trains / 29323 (-10)
  Electronic brick (1968) schematics?

Several people here on Lugnet own copies of 139 (the 4.5V Electronic train control unit), and even though I am not quite eager enough to try to acquire a copy for myself, I'm still very much interested in this set, as it was a childhood dream of (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  10170 TTX Intermodal Double-Stack Car

I was in Schaumburg (Chicago) today for work and had a some time before my flight so I stopped off at Woodfield Mall LEGO Store to see if they had anything new or interesting. The Pick-A-Brick choices were pretty weak, nothing I couldn't live (...) (17 years ago, 19-Jul-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Creative ways to run trains in small places

A long time ago I made a 4 wide big rig and thought that it might be fun to take standard HO track and build LEGO cases for a standard loco chassis. The I got to thinking about how to attach HO trucks to LEGO and dropped the idea because it was (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Creative ways to run trains in small places

(...) Years ago, I did some HO rolling stock for fun: (2 URLs) JOHN (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Creative ways to run trains in small places

I would like to have a train layout, with permanent structures, supplemental vehicles, and so forth, but I really do not have the room for it. Has anyone come up with a creative way to build, run, and store a lego train layout in a small space? For (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

(...) I had not considered the effect of sunlight on the bricks. That's a show stopper for me, as I would like to leave structures in place, even if the trains come indoors after each use. Thank you to everyone for the suggestions and information. (...) (17 years ago, 18-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

(...) I don't doubt that John will get this done in the near future. After talking with him this weekend, I can see the gears turning and I think this will be an awesome setup when it comes to fruition. John is one more core community member who is (...) (17 years ago, 16-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

(...) Well, the UV protective coating itself isn't even as durable as would be desirable. When we were perusing Miniland at LLCA in February '05, there were large sections of it (and other non-related models throughout the park) where the UV (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

(...) I'll beleive that when I see it ;-) Tim (17 years ago, 14-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Is it possible to run lego trains outdoors?

(...) As advised elsewhere, the answer is "no", UNLESS.... you do as I am going to do. My next Big Thing® is going to be creating 12 wide LEGO trains that utilize G scale track, trucks, couplers, and motors. I will run them outdoors (but won't leave (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact