 Trains / 29063 (-20)
  Re: A Cool Viaduct

(...) Thanks for the information Jordan (you did see my note apologizing for calling you Jason, right?). Tim Gould also has no problems with that model. I suspect it's an LDD bug where my version of LDD (Mac) is applying the rules differently than (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

(...) Great suggestion. That would be fun! And from the pictures, I guess I already have the white sheet for the snow :). I could use the thin, two-high white pieces I used for bookshelves and cafe refrigerator to make lockers... it also makes me (...) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

(...) A station at a ski resort! Tim (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

Love it! The look is classic and the details are fun: the clock, the bike rack, the ticket windows. Wow, just great stuff. Makes me actually consider taking apart my Cafe Corner. :) (17 years ago, 17-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

(...) Thanks Laurent. After I completed the station, I did have the same thought of getting a second cafe to extend it. I guess that is the way of the AFOL, always wanting to build more... I'm sure you will beat me to that, and I would enjoy seeing (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Oh well! You can always run them as your Express for now, then maybe later build some more appropriate models and keep them for local trains, green was the most common colour for coaches across most of Europe during the heyday of the Orient (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Three little MOCs

--snip-- (...) Thanks. It took me two hours of highly complicated SNOT solutions which looked terrible until I figured out that one... I was very, very, very frustrated. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Three little MOCs

(...) They're all great, but I love the freight car in particular. I don't think I've seen the undersides of plates used as greebling in quite that way before. It's an effect I must endeavor to plagiarize at the next opportunity. Thanks!! Spotlit. (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: LDD Model of GG-1 Electric Locomotive - Advice Requested

(...) ... (...) ... (...) Looks like a great model! I just bought one (black, without motors) and will report back when I get it built. In fact this is the first time I've ordered someone's model from LEGO Factory. I am amazed at how smooth the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Station made from Corner Café

(...) Great stuff Ted! I also purchased the café, which in my opnion does indeed contains the right pieces for a classic-looking station. I was actually thinking of buying a 2nd set to make a 'Grand Station', you did beat me on the idea of a station (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Thanks 'other' Tim! Unfortunately I had already purchased the green wagons (5 of them!). So now I'm not too sure whether I should just go on with these... That'll learn me for being too quick in ordering & not researching a bit more in (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Nah, isn't my site. Bought their Sik shunter. It's very famous here in the Netherlands. It have been around since 1930 and is still(!) used (the real deal: (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Some models completed

(...) I must say yours looks a LOT better than mine which was designed and built in a rush a few days before the Petersfield show. I was planning to greeble it a bit for the next show but I don't think its worth it now :) (URL) also love the look of (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) I like the Orient Express coaches there. I like the whole idea of the site although I'm never convinced how big the market is for custom models, but hopefully I'll be proved wrong! Is it your site? I also like the (URL) loco> Tim PS you should (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Train Station made from Corner Café

Hello all. I am another AFOL that has just come out of a long hibernation for trains... after reading all the info last year on needing to Save 9V Trains, I thought I better get on board before it was too late... When I went to S@H to get the new (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) And I thought I new all of James' full rakes... obviously not. Nice work, James. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

<snipped> Oh, and then there is of course James Mathis' wonderfull Orient Express: (URL) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Hi all, Blokbricks ((URL) and click on Brick Express) will be selling a OE Dining Carriage ((URL) and OE Lounge-Bar Carriage ((URL) Maybe you can use the pictures for inspiration. Or just wait and buy them! Jeroen (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Cool Viaduct

(...) bit surprised to hear about the part placement issues. I cannot duplicate these problems on my end (I tried downloading the models from the website, then opening them... everything seems to be fine.) If you are encountering problems with the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Help with Orient Express...?

(...) Oh and adding some thin yellow lines along the coaches would add to the Orient Express look. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Apr-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact