 Trains / 28551
  Hail to the Chief!

Seems that James Mathis and I were thinking along similar lines this past week. I, too, designed some streamliner cars of my own using the LEGO Factory parts palette, although I modeled mine on the "Metroliner" paint scheme rather than for the Super (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX) !

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Hi Jordan, Your streamliner set in the AMTRAK livery is superb! Let everyone consider your build and design unique and impressive! What a great way for both of us to coincidentally work on this concept at the same time. (...) My coaches are (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

I think both of you guys did a fantastic job. Though I am more inclined towards Jordan's observation car dome design since it has those grey pieces making it appear like it has support ribs just like the real ones. A few comments: Jordan, make the (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: SNIP (...) SNIP (...) Jordan, These are really cool. More fantastic additions to an already impressive Factory gallery. A couple suggestions on the already cool FL9. 1. Have you considered moving the powered (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Thanks to all for your compliments and suggestions! Let me see if I can respond to each of the points mentioned: 1) Interiors: Mine are fairly austere as well. With Factory MOCs being as expensive as they are to order, I usually leave out some (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

In lugnet.trains, Jordan Schwarz wrote: SNIP (...) Great. Looking forward to it. FYI, this site (if you aren't already familiare with it) has some great side drawings you can use to compare and contrast the F7 with the FL9 in regard to placements of (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Paul and others, I'm still working on the revisions to the various passenger cars. However, I have now redone the locomotive as a true F9. You can see a picture on Brickshelf at (URL) The LEGO Factory link (after moderation) will be (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Jordan, Lookin' good! -Paul (17 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Ohhhhhh, pretty :) Congrats :) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains)

  Revised LDD Amtrak / ATSF Models

(...) I have some revisions and additions to my assortment of LEGO Factory streamliner cars. First, there is now a hi-level lounge car with (non-functional) viewing windows. (URL) This is available in both Amtrak (Metroliner) and bare metal (for (...) (17 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

I actually bought the engine off of lego factory. I am having a heck of a time with the instructions. If you could provide some guidance I would appreciate it!! Chuck (17 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) Chuck, Sorry to hear of your difficulties building the model. That is one of the noted shortcomings of LEGO Factory - the instructions aren't too good. I have not put together instructions for that model, although I do have a LDRAW file (...) (17 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

I've finally muddled my way through the build. I am not sure if I am the only person who has built this particular model, so I figured I'd leave my input. Overall the thing looks awesome. It is big....significantly larger than the Santa Fe from (...) (17 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Hail to the Chief!

(...) :: snip :: (...) Thanks for your excellent suggestions and comments. I'll be building this model in a week or two and will plan to incorporate your suggestions, and any that I note, into the LDD file so that I can post a revision. And, I'll (...) (17 years ago, 9-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)