 Trains / 27388 (-20)
  Re: So THAT's what it does...

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: <snip> (...) That's really nifty! I was at a show this weekend and seeing the other gauge guys doing this--engines shunting back and forth along a rail-- and wondering if we could do this with LEGO--nicely (...) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  LEGO Factory Updated

(URL) As mentioned last month, LEGO Factory has just now been updated with quite a few improvements - including individual part pricing rather than by-the-bag pricing among several other things. There's a new LDD (v1.6) released, which also runs on (...) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  So THAT's what it does...

Final post then - Tim jumped the gun a bit with sidebarring me, as this is the final image: (URL) for gallery>> Click for gallery. (URL) I've included pictures of my modified track: (2 URLs) I've also included a few diagrams of what the diode does: (...) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Several Train MOCs

Hello everyone, I'd like to show you my train models: (URL) They're all available for download in LDraw-MPD-Format (as instructions). Concerning the Tram, I'm not sure whether that one works as depicted in the MPD file. If anyone has the parts, can (...) (18 years ago, 7-May-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Nifty. Do you have any pictures or diagrams of this (OK, it's a *really* simple diagram I'll admit)? (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) That was exactly what I thought 'til I built one for our LUCNY layout. Turns out the diodes have to be the same way round :) So you only have to make one polarity of diode insulated track section. I use an RCX to simply reverse power every (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Seems to me it'd be handy to have an isolated section of track at each end, connected with a diode (opposite polarity at each end) so it stops nicely but there's probably other ways to do it. (...) You can't fool us, you really love it ;) (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Ah, finally the penny (rather than other unsavoury matter) drops! So what old model rail trick do you have to do to the track to make it work in a neat and orderly fashion? (Good grief, it's like pulling teeth. Remind me not to try anything (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) I guess I must finally accept the truth that it is nothing to do with excrement :( What it looks like to me is a controller for a end-to-end tram line. Or some such. (Do trams have toilets??) ROSCO (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) Close, but note there's nothing that could {input} the position of a train to trigger a polarity change at the right moment. It does hook directly up to the controller as Mathew suggested. Jason R (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TexLUG Tanker

Hell yes!!! That's awesome!!! -Stefan--"displaced Texan"-G. (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) How could one *possibly* use a fully functioning sewerage system for *that*??? ROSCO (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

(...) (URL) Oh, it's a polarity switch...>> (...) Reversing loop with automatic polarity system? (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 5]

Final clue then. This pretty much gives it away: (URL) it's a polarity switch...>> So, what track mod do I need to finish this off? Since big hints seem in order, it's an electrical fix... Jason R (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 4]

(...) Ah-hah. You see Crawford, someone's paying attention. I don't suppose Eric's noticed though that if he continued to fiddle with the URL he could always get the next image in the series in miniature. A bit late now... Jason R (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 4]

(...) It appears to attach to a 9v train controler. But I still have no idea what it's for. Mat (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Roaring 20's

(...) Don, When I first came out of my dark ages, I made some attempt at a Gangster sub-theme. They came out ok: (URL) have intended to revisit it, and the advent of the tommygun piece really helps. I still would like to have fedoras though. Good (...) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Roaring 20's

(...) Not yet, but I've been thinking about it. I was actually thinking more along the lines of a gangster sub-theme of the Adventurer's series. Kind of a Johnny Thunder meets Al Capone sort of thing. The closest thing I've done is probably my (...) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, FTX)

  Quality problem issue

Hi, Today I've received three Santa Fe engines. (URL) of them were filled with some pieces of paperboard and five creator-like bags (standard multicolored bricks). The pieces of paperboard was clearly there to fix the bags. This let me think it was (...) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.org.fr.freelug, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yes, but what IS it????? [Pt. 4]

(...) Now I wonder if someone else would like to pooh-pooh that suggestion with a better one? Jason R (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact