 Trains / 27282
Re: Anime inspired container train for Soren Roberts containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:44:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Michael Rutherford wrote:
   Mr. Pieniezak, You grabbed the words right out of my mouth. As you point out, if you were moving containers in space, the “Upside-down” notion is relative. Equilateral triangle cross sections (or consistent trapezoid cross sections for that matter) could be connected in alternating patterns, or they could be connected in such a way that they would form great cylinders, or giant “Container Tubes”. They could connect to one another in such a manner that they would radiate outward in an even thickening cocoon around the outside of a transport. In Zero G, your options are greatly increased. Only then I look at that excellent train and realize that if it takes that much train to move those containers…then the gravity is probably pretty close to normal, and I am forced to conclude that trapezoids simply look cooler than rectangles… Attack! Mike

The containers have to reach planet level at some point... where they are carried in the more usual manner ;)

Tim