 Trains / 27157
Re: Anime inspired container train for Soren Roberts containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:59:50 GMT

For what it’s worth I have built space containers with a rectangular cross section. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=154360 I work in shipping, containers are really useful and have really sped up shipping in the last few decades, and space needs more of them!

Soren’s can be stacked with every other one upside down but have been designed with a ‘right way up’ for when they are on a truck or train. Most Lego spaceships seem to have artificial gravity anyway (judging from their interiors) so I guess whatever ways up they are the contents are still secure to the ‘floor’. I like ‘em, they are very sci-fi, and I might use this style myself next time!

Great train BTW. Very cool. I just read Peter F Hamiltons new novels which feature a wormhole society where the worlds are linked by trains, this would fit in wonderfully!

Cheers, Mark